Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The God of What?

The God of War! You may ask who the God of War is exactly.  Well, it depends on which pantheon you're working with.  In the Greek pantheon, it's Ares! That is who we are looking at today.

Ares is the only son of Zeus and Hera, although neither of the Gods liked their son very much. Like Thor, Ares is portrayed as a vigorous young man with a beard. The main thing with Ares, is that he's a very handsome God. The attributes of him are that he's determined, fearless, and very decisive. On the other hand though, he's blood-thirsty, and looking for a fight regardless of the consequences.


This is how I have imagined him.  The actor is Kevin Smith, the picture is a screen shot from the show Xena: Warrior Princess.


I find that I work with him the most when I have stress, conflict and confusion in my life.  It seems like through him, I am able to "battle it out" with myself. Of all the Gods and Goddesses that I have worked with, Ares seems to be the one that I find myself calling on the least. Unlike Anubis, Thor, and Loki; Ares comes on strong and fast so it takes very little time for me to start working with him.  I admit, when impatience on my part plays a roll in working with the Gods and Goddesses, Ares is there and ready to go for me.  Ares always seems to bring in something new and teach me something new about my dark side.  Even though he teaches me new things about my dark side, there's always a note of caution to not let it take hold.

Have any of you ever worked with Ares or the other Greek Gods?  We'd love to hear from you!  You can visit us at The Sisters Elemental Facebook Page!

~*Fire*~

1 comment:

  1. I love Kevin Smith as Aries. You know, he passed away in an accident on set for a movie. :(

    ReplyDelete