Friday, October 19, 2012

Changing it up a bit...

This week I'm going to change it up a bit.  Take a break for this week from the Gods/Goddess blogs.  Like each of us, I've just had an off week where I haven't felt so connected.

So instead this week, I'm going to tell you about an adventure, that sort of is connected to an Earth based path, that my husband has just started.

This adventure started about 4 months ago when we went to the local strawberry patch, brought home ten pounds of berries and ended up putting some in a mason jar in the fridge.  We had forgot about the jar in the back of the fridge until we came back from our trip to Canada.  When we found the jar, it had sealed itself and was fermenting pretty good at that point.  Well, we decided to leave it to see what would happen.

Hubby called his sister, the wine maker of the family, and asked her what her suggestion was with the strawberries in the fridge. The weekend of my oldest son's birthday, hubby's sister brought with her everything that he would need... Including the carboy and yeast!

Fast-forward to tonight. Hubby took the jar of strawberries from the fridge, plus another two and a half pounds, put them into a cheese cloth bag, pressed the juice from all of it, added water, and some other dry ingredients. There is now a 1 gallon starter bucket of "I-hope-it-turns-into-something-good" wine on my counter.  This process is supposed to take up to 4 or 5 months to finish depending on the wants of the dear wine-maker husband. I can't wait to be able to try his wine because if it turns out well, I may just get him a carboy and all the supplies to keep making wine!

An Egyptian Priestess depicted with wine containers (on the left). I found this on vinetalk.com


Have you ever made wine or beer at home? Did you have good success? We'd love to hear from you!  Go ahead and comment here or scoot over to our Facebook Page! The Sisters Elemental Facebook Page.

~*Fire*~

No comments:

Post a Comment